The company has a well-defined organizational structure, with executives and managers that are well suited to their positions, and highly effective. The current management team is comprised of the following functions and people.
President – Jim Schweich
Responsible for directing the company’s strategic planning and policy-setting initiatives. This includes determining the company’s target markets, product mix, and financial plan.
Education – Graduated from the University of Wisconsin Stout, 1990
- Plant Manager – Plateco of Covington, Tennessee 1990
- Assumed manager position in 1992, Plateco of Searcy, in Searcy, AR.
- In 1997 became Operations Manager of the Plateco of Necedah Operation
- In 2005, General Manager Plateco Reedsburg.
- In 2013 named President and CEO of the organization.
- From 1997 to today; managed growth of the Reedsburg operation including going from only 5 custom
ers exceeding $100,000.00 in annual sales in 1997 to more than 35 customers today that exceed $100,000.00 in annual sales.
- Managed the recovery from the downturn in 2008, when sales dropped to $6,000,000.00 annually, achieving annual sales of $11,000,000.00 in 5 years.
- Managed capital investment since 2005 of over $3,000,000.00
Operations Manager – Tom Schweich
Responsible for six production areas, including; 3 mechanical plating production lines, 2 automated zinc barrel electroplating lines, and 2 highly automated zinc rack electroplating lines, along with the scheduling department, water treatment department, and plant maintenance responsibilities.
- 1990 Joined family business, beginning his career in the waste treatment department
- 1992 Became Barrel line #1 line operator
- 1995 Became Rack line #2 line operator
- 1996 Moved to Maintenance Department
- 1998 Became 1st shift supervisor
- 1999 Moved to estimating department
- 2000 became Production supervisor
- 2010 – 2013 responsible for the removal of outdated Rack line #1 and Barrel line #2 production lines to create useable production floor space; lead the efficiency program for lines E3, gaining 20% additional production per 8 hour shift; Created custom package service.
CFO – Mary Gudenschwager
Responsible for Financial Accounting including; Accounts receivable, Accounts Payable, and all financial reporting to management, plus coordination of purchasing.
- Worked part time in various positions at Plateco
- Began career in order entry department
- Moved to administration responsible for billing, AP date entry, collections and order entry. 2000 Implemented Y2K production software became manager of cash flow
- Implemented company’s inventory system & work flow procedures.
- Implemented company’s quote price increase system/work flow.
- Appointed Supervisor of Administration
- Appointed Finance, Human Resources, and Administration Manager as part of new management team
The company has a three year strategic plan, which is supported by an annual budget. Weekly and monthly operating results are compared to targets (variance), allowing the company to manage for profitability and adjust quickly to changes in labor costs, resource prices or product demand.
Technology Manager – Jerry Schweich
Responsible for all technical departments including; Quality Control, Test Laboratory, Engineering Department, and general engineering plus future plant expansions.
- 1988 worked as Water Treatment operator
- 1989 advanced to Electroplater operator.
- 1989 became a Mechanical Plating operator,
- 1989 appointed Maintenance Technician.
- 1990 – 2010 lead the designed and installed programs establishing four barrel Electroplating lines, updated and installed three water treatment systems, four rack electroplating lines, and three hydrogen relief ovens. Also nistalled engineered up-grades.
- 2010 Appointed Technology Manager as part of new management team
Executive Director of Sales – Todd Dempsey
As Director of Sales, Todd is responsible for Plateco’s direct sales efforts, customer support and account management. Todd has a great deal of hands-on experience in production and service activities that provides a solid platform in his current sales role.
- Education-University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, 1984-1986
- 1986 Worked as Mechanical plating operator
- 1987 advanced to Electroplater operator
- 1990 became Plant Supervisor for all production lines
- 1993 became Plant Manager for all production, pricing/quoting, & sales
- 1998 became Customer Service/Scheduling Manager -in 2010 expanded trucking fleet/service from 6 to 8 units
- 2011 appointed Logistics Manager
- 2012 appointed Sales – Executive Director
Vice President Marketing & Sales – Jeff Parke
Responsible for annual review of the competition as well as review of products and pricing to assist Plateco’s efforts to maintain market share and provide opportunity for future growth. Jeff brings to Plateco, Inc. significant outside experience in complex and fast paced manufacturing environments. The Plateco customer’s perspective is built upon his previous responsibilities including:
- President, Swan Analytical Instruments, greater Chicago, IL.
- VP Business Development, Cooper Instruments and Systems, San Diego, CA
- President, Hydrolab Corp., Austin, TX.
- VP Operations, Great Lakes Instruments, Milwaukee, WI.
Logistics Manager – Ray Zagroba
Responsible for scheduling and routing Plateco’s fleet of 7 tractor trailers along with the shipping and receiving departments.
- 1994 Worked as a zinc electroplating operator
- 1995 Worked in the shipping and receiving department with quality control responsibilities
- 1998 acquired a CDL license and filled in as part time truck driver
- 2002 took on the added responsibility of Supervising the entire third shift
- 2011 appointed as the distribution coordinator
- 2014 Appointed manager of Logistics